Sunday, January 1, 2012

Galicenos

There is a little breed of horse that is being a big pain in the butt. I have one Galiceno, a little horse from Mexico, in my herd, courtesy of Grand Champions trying to expand and create littler known breeds on their models.

I had previously done research and found two parents for him, NDS Windfire and Mia. Luckily I saved both links. However, neither of my links provided full pedigrees, and NDS Windfire's page only commented on the names of his parents. That information was sketchy as it was, considering his dam's name was supposedly Adolpho (in Spanish, female names typically end in "a"). However, further searching tonight uncovered the site, http://www.galiceno.org/. They have a lovely lineage page, where they discuss in sentence form the bloodlines of their horses. Not only did I find out that NDS Windfire was actually N D's Windfire, but his dam Flying "S" Chitsa was sired by K-W Adolpho. That makes much more sense.

None of the horses showed up in allbreed, and the lineage page only discussed a fraction of the full pedigree.

And there is absolutely no information on a mare named Mia, other than a photo and that she was 6 at the time of posting. I guess I'll be leaving that whole side of the pedigree as unknown.

Darn these rare breeds and no documentation!

No comments:

Post a Comment