Sunday, May 19, 2013

Craftiness

I was bored enough yesterday I felt like trying to be crafty.

I've been working on this one for a day or two, and finally finished her late yesterday afternoon-


She's my first chestnut, and only my third or fourth attempt at pastels. I am extremely happy with the way her shading came out, as she's a relatively boring liver chestnut :P

She does have some rough spots, considering I'm a klutz and can't keep myself from knocking them over while they're drying. And even then, specks of dirt or other stuff magically appears on them even if I've been extra careful! Luckily, she shows in a photo well, even if she will never see the inside of a live show ring.

I did her 100% for myself anyway, to fill a BSO I knew would take awhile to fill by waiting for an appropriate Breyer body. And what better excuse for practicing pasteling? And I absolutely love this mold. There doesn't ever seem to be enough good mare molds, and when the one I like happens to be on a cheap SM body, I gotta take advantage of it!







No comments:

Post a Comment