Sunday, July 24, 2011

Rescuing Horses

I love that feeling of finding a beat-up, lost horse at a flea-market and knowing I can give it a new life. No matter how "fun" its life before was, it cannot escape the fact it is now unwanted and for sale.

I came across a whole box of Breyers, mostly Classics and a few baggies of Stablemates, about three in a bag. My budget allowed me to rescue four of them, so I chose two stock horses, a calf, and a Stablemate bag with a TB, ASB and foal in it.


I spent many minutes, probably over an hour, using soap, water, and my fingernail, to carefully scrape off most of the marks. Luckily, they cleaned up very good, and I was happy with my find. They'll soon be found pedigrees and put into the stables with the rest of the horses.

Once I find tack (everything is packed up since the move), buckskin up there and the calf will try their hand at western performance cattle entries.


The Stablemates don't have their pics yet, but I'll show them off soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment