Thursday, April 25, 2013

A Pedigreeing Crime

It really is. Today, I finally got around to fully pedigreeing my oldest model horse. "Oldest" as in, the model horse that's been sitting on my shelf since the very beginning of my hobby, before it was even a hobby. It really is a crime that it took me this long to get her pedigreed.

I did have a good reason, honest. Grand Champions made bio cards with the model's name and a short story about them, as well as the name of their sire and dam. Inspired by another GC collector's PA process of finding bodies to match the BSO parent names on the cards, I set out to do the same. I prefer to pedigree models, not BSOs, so the GCs essentially waited in line while I found parent bodies, pedigreed them, and then finished the pedigree on the GCs.

Thoroughbreds are so numerous (as are Quarter Horses and Arabians!), that I procrastinated on doing them. Yet now that I've begun, pedigrees are falling into place very neatly. And, as I finished an older mare's pedigree, I realized her daughter was Grey Willow, my original. I got her back in 1996. Seventeen years is a long time to not know your heritage!


No comments:

Post a Comment