Sunday, June 1, 2014

Tentative CM'er

I hadn't yet gathered the courage to cm a perfectly fine model (straight out of the box, in fact), or to paint a Traditional size, but today I finally did both.

I managed to snag an extra Totilas for cheap from Tuesday Morning. I figured even if I ended up keeping him as a messed up cm, he'd be worth the experimentation. Or resell as a prepped body. I already knew I wanted to try my roaning technique on him. And black is my favorite base color so I didn't have much to change.

He still has a lot of flaws. Thank you bare wind and slight vibrations in the deck for knocking him over -twice!- and for the sealer for randomly dappling in one spot, and for the acrylics I used to not match the undershade so the shift is obvious....oh well. He still turned out fairly nice! Nice enough for my breeding shed!






It's too bad I couldn't just do the roaning part and have someone else touch up the rest! I am glad I opted for the higher sock in the back and the blaze....just enough to set him apart from the regular release, aside from the roan of course.

I did attempt to cover up the scratches on his hindquarter he sustained when he fell with some black roan flecks, but it's on the side I won't be showing so I'm not too worried about it. You can see the dappled dried sealer is on that same hindquarter, too.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment