Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Flaxen Thoroughbreds

So, being one of the not-so-well-understood genes, flaxen is still hard to tell what sort of parents you need in order to breed a flaxen. Lacking any better options, I went with the "two parents with flaxen is sure to produce a foal with flaxen" approach.

However, finding a Thoroughbred with "proven" flaxen turned out to harder than I thought. I say proven because there are an awful lot of people who claim their horse is flaxen, but their mane and tails look exactly the same shade as their coat. In order to be sure, I wanted very obvious flaxens, so I went on a hunt.

I'm not going to detail my process here like I usually do, and instead just get to the list of flaxen Thoroughbreds that I found. I can add more as I go, but it makes for a good starting point for others looking for them as well.

Imps Baby Girl (Mr. Explosive x Imperatorial)

Tranquera (Show a Heart x Tahnee)

Trick Ski (Rory's Jester x Rossignol)

Velonski (Falvelon x Skidoodle)

Marq Dane (Danehill Star x Marq Phil)

Right of Light (Tyrant x Daisy June)


All for now. Got more? Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment