Sunday, December 29, 2013

2014 Resolutions

It's that time when everyone reflects on the year gone by and looks forward with hopeful eyes to the future. While a lot of people I know have stopped setting resolutions, I strive on goals and accomplishments. Having something to chase down and try for: it makes the journey that much more entertaining and rewarding.

Over the last year, I've done some pretty awesome things:

  • got a job with a fantastic structural engineering firm, that has a great work environment
  • tried NANO for the first time, and won
  • purchased one of my grail GCs for a great price
  • got not one, but two Stone Morgan Santa Fes
  • bought my first used car from a dealership 
  • in February, I bought the dog I've wanted my whole life-a Doberman
I'm sure there are many more, but I tried to focus on the brightest highlights. 

Now, I'm excited for a whole new year, with new possibilities. And even more so because 2014 is the year of the horse. That means a great many things to come, hopefully many of them equine.

My goals/wishes/dreams for this exciting year:

  • Lease or buy my own horse. I'm looking for a black gelding of Quarab, Arabian, Morgan or Morab breed.
  • Buy at least two more Santa Fe Morgans
  • Win NANO for the second year in a row
  • buy more models (yes, this is a goal. I am lucky to be in a position where I can afford to increase my collection, and I want to glory in the amazingness of it)
  • Finish off my GC collection. I have ~30 classic horses left to get and a random assortment of other sizes, many of which are difficult to track down.
  • Fully pedigree every horse on my website.
  • Find IDs for all my orphans (and I have a LOT)
  • participate in the racing and showing clubs more actively this year
  • breed 100 foals from my stable, Golden Hart Estates
  • get GCMHC up and running again
  • finish the personal pages for all my horses (eek, but I can do it!)
  • participate in IPABRAs secret santa
  • host a secret santa for GCMHC
  • get Naomi and Wynonna and/or Susecion and Le Fire
  • post at least once a week on my blog
I have a lot of personal goals for myself, as well, but I won't bore you with all those typicals, too. 

Well, it looks like I have a lot of work to do. Better get on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment