Sunday, December 15, 2013

From Lippis to Norikers

Yesterday I was researching Lippi pedigrees and trying to find stallions of the Tulipan and Incitato sire lines, and instead stumbled across a wealth of information for Norikers! (Does that make me a great researcher or a bad one? Tee!)

My flow was this:

Searching Lipizzans, I saw a neat-colored mare called 578 Trofetta VIII. If you haven't checked her out, you should! Well, one of the links I checked out was this forum discussion: http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com/horse-forums/colorful-horses-427735-20.html which included several other neat examples of colors, but no less than a spotted Noriker. I recently rescued a spotted draft from an antique store and had planned on creating a new Sugarbush Draft, but the picture of Nacho Salazar reminded me of their spotted drafts and prompted me to investigate. The link provided led me here: http://www.muller-equine.cz/reprodukce-koni-1/inseminace/katalog-hrebcu-2013/bacar-ze-zubri.htm.

Instead of groaning at yet another non-English site, I get excited! These usually mean that I am closing in on actual pertinent information, and my hunch was right. A gorgeous website and red roan stallion greeted me, but he was not the spotted version I was looking for.

So I backed out and did a Google image search for "Nacho Salazar Noriker" and scrolled through the images. Normally I don't waste my time clicking through each one and checking the websites. If you hover the mouse over the thumbnail of the photo, it will bring up a short idea of the website the photo came from. At that point, I was looking for anything not English. And I found a photo of a spotted draft mare and her foal. The linking website was http://www.farma-stipa.estranky.cz. Perfect!

The photo must've been one of Nacho's foals, and I clicked around the photo albums until I found what I was looking for--a chestnut leopard instead of the typical black ones. On his page I found what I was really looking for: a link to his pedigree, held on a database website. SCORE!

Now, I won't take you to his because I plan on using his pedigree for myself *wink* but I will share the website:  . The webpage has a hard time loading for me, so if you don't see it at first, be patient and try reloading or opening it on a different device.

That's it for now, but it should get you started on pedigreeing your own Noriker!

No comments:

Post a Comment