Sunday, August 4, 2013

Crafty







I'm not normally a crafty person. Nor am I a very sporty person. Let's just say that unless it involves more than some complicated button mashing on a video game, I'm not a very coordinated person.

However, lately I've been feeling the heat and its making me all stuck-in-the-house moody similar to how the Wyoming winter made me feel. So I've managed to turn that into a 'let's make things!' mood.

First it was a spontaneous Stablemate halter....



The only chain I had available was a bit big, but not bad for a 15-minute halter at 7 am on a rainy morning ^.^

A few days later, I felt like trying out another blanket, after buying nice new black material for my base. The black fabric I'd been using before was much too thin for my liking. I added some rhinestones to spice it up. Looks great on my gray mare! Very Western Pleasure.


And then I made a big venture--an Arab Presentation set for Grand Champions! I knew I didn't have enough experience or skill to compete in a Breyer market, but I think Classics and GCs are much underdone, so I set about making one to keep, or sell if anyone showed interest. Thankfully, two people did!


I'm still working on adding all the beads to the breastcollar. We'll see if the buyers are interested in the collars or just the halters. Either way, looks like I hit a small field of interest!

No comments:

Post a Comment