Thursday, January 2, 2014

GC Grail

It's a fantastic way to start out a model year--especially the Year of the Horse--by receiving one of your grails in the mail. 

I got mine today. I'd actually paid for him nearly two months ago. A fellow GC collector bid on lots from Germany to ship here, and was selling some of the horses ahead of time to help cover the shipping costs, etc. So I jumped on the chance and offered her a fair price, which was more than she was expecting, I could tell, and we both were super happy with the transaction. 

After the horses made it to her house last week, I paid for the shipping here, and she sent him out Monday. Now he's here!

Introducing the UK bay Arabian stallion, released around 2003--



He didn't come with a name, so he will most likely remain unpedigreed for awhile until I figure out how he can fit into my stable. I am so happy he is here. I've had his brother, the white-gray one, for several years now. All that's left is to track down a black one (and there are only two known that exist, both with different markings, so it's assumed they're both OOAK prototypes). 

My other grail goal for this year is a Naomi and Wynonna. I might settle for a Susecion and Le Fire instead, but I'd really like the new ones! If anyone sees any for cheap--under or around $100-- please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment