Monday, December 19, 2011

A Long Wait

There's some horses that come into Golden Hart Estates that immediately get names, breeds, and a pedigree. And then there are others who have to wait weeks, months, or even years to be acknowledged. This guy is one of them.

He came into my life two Christmases ago, and has never gotten an identity. I hesitated to make him a mustang, because they are so hard to pedigree with real parents, or even with a full pedigree among model mustangs. Besides, mustangs are kind of the fall-back for any stocky horse that doesn't immediately scream Quarter Horse, or have any obvious markings to claim Appaloosa or Paint.

So he fell by the wayside and became *almost* forgotten.

Until today.

Before my quest over break, I would often visit "random" pages to see if I could match up any identities with bodies. But I found that I kept visiting the same random pages, and had a hard time finding the ones I was missing. Until I started going by alphabetical breed order a la my Excel worksheet. And tonight I got to Australian Stock Horse.

And Mr. Horse above, was the perfect choice for the identity of Thunderous Majesty. Quite a name for a horse that had once fallen by the wayside. It is a fitting end to a long wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment