Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Named Crossbreeds (Serious)

In light of the more humorous post that came before this, I wanted to have a reference somewhere of all the named crossbreeds. I haven't, yet, found a comprehensive and reliable list online, but if anyone knows of one, please link it for me!!

Anglo-Arab(ian)= Arabian x Thoroughbred
Appendix Quarter Horse= Quarter Horse x Thoroughbred
Araloosa/Arapaloosa= Arabian x Appaloosa
Azteca= Andalusian x Quarter Horse/Criollo/Paint
Georgian Grande= American Saddlebred x Draft/Friesian
Irish Hunter= Irish Draught x Thoroughbred
Morab= Arabian x Morgan
Moriesian= Morgan x Friesian
National Show Horse= Arabian x American Saddlebred
Nez Perce= Appaloosa x Akhal Teke
Pintabian=Arabian x Paint, but only with 99% or greater Arabian blood
Quarab= Arabian x Quarter Horse
Tennuvian= Tennessee Walking Horse x Peruvian Horse
Walkaloosa= Appaloosa x gaited horse
Warlander= Andalusian x Friesian

Sporthorse typically implies the breed was crossed with a Thoroughbred or other sporting breed.





2 comments:

  1. Moriesian - Morgan x Friesian
    Warlander - Friesian x Andalusian
    Pintabian (snort) - Arabian x Paint but 99% Arabian and Tobiano only

    Just off the top of my head LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I could count on you to fill in the ones I missed! :D

    ReplyDelete