Saturday, April 23, 2011

Temptation and Good Karma

Today I was in my local flea market. They have a Hartland grazing mare and suckling foal for $15. I was very tempted to get them. They also have a pinto "Merrylegs" Breyer for $18, in fairly good condition. And a really beat up Paddock Pal for $15, definitely not worth it, but I felt so bad for him I really wanted to bring him home. I'm thinking those Hartlands will come home with me eventually, but I just don't have the money for them now.

*sigh*

However, I did my very good deed for the month, if not the whole year. I bought a stranded guy some gas. Now, I know what automatically jumps into everyone's mind--scammer. Well, he didn't ask for money, he asked for gas. And he was polite enough to wait to come up to my car (I was sitting in front of Wendy's, which is attached to a gas station, while my boyfriend was inside getting lunch) until my boyfriend came back. He explained about how his van had broke outside of Salt Lake and he'd had to pay his extra money to get it fixed. His goal was Cheyenne. I don't really have any extra money, but I had some saved in case of an emergency. I figured I could spare enough to get him to Cheyenne.

Trust me, the entire time I was thinking, if he's trying to scam me, what is he getting out of it? A half tank of gas? How is that going to hurt anybody? I figured, eh, what's the big deal? I at least got some major good karma out of it (and yes, I totally 100% believe in karma).

So, along with the snakes I posted about in facebook, and helping out a stranded dude, and hunting for gray rocks, I had a very entertaining day!

(In case anyone is wondering how this ties into model horses, you better believe I'm hoping that good karma=TH Arabians!)

1 comment:

  1. Its always good helping others......

    I've had people stop and help me when I've been stuck on the side of the road, so I try to help others.

    Just to pay it forward..... I did give a guy some money to get his car fixed once. He was looking for work to get the money... I gave him abfew bucks.

    ReplyDelete