Friday, April 22, 2011

The true meaning of "Treasure Hunt"

I sometimes think the "Hunt" part of that word is eclipsed by the excitement of the "Treasure" part. I can at least say for myself that I usually neglect the fact that it's considered a hunt to be difficult. Although, this brings back fond memories of childhood Easter Egg hunts, which were never very difficult. We always knew we could find eggs under the sofa cushions, in the tv cabinet, and in the organ. The baskets filled with the toys and bigger treats were always hidden in the corners.

Well, I attempted to find the 2011 Treasure Hunts today. That was a massive fail. Not a single Breyer carrier in my small town had even one of the beauties.

*sigh*

I guess I'll just have to wait until summer and try again. It might even require a trip down to Fort Collins or *shudder* Denver. I could always go the easy route and order them online, but....how is that a hunt if they're just given to you? :P

No comments:

Post a Comment